Every year, a greater number of small businesses utilize websites. Here are some important considerations when investing in a website.
- What are the number of and types of special individual needs of your customers?
- What level of contact do you maintain with your customers? Does your site need to be interactive (selling, customer service and/or accounting) or will it just be an informational site?
- Consider what changes you may need to make if you start selling on the web. Examples include vendors for shipping, packaging materials and payment options (credit cards).
- Costs will include establishing your domain name, the web hosting service and maintenance. One expert also recommends registering variations and misspellings of your domain name.
- Is the message of your website consistent with all your other marketing items?
(Compiled from various sources including Chris Espinosa, ceGraphics)