An important part of creating career or business success is networking. Experts recommend planning for activities that help increase your visibility and build your credibility.
Here are a few useful hints to start employing today, if you arenâ€™t already!
- Make special effort to remember names â€“ we all like to hear our name said out aloud. Occasionally repeat someone elseâ€™s name when talking to them, and strive to introduce them to at least one other person.
- Focus on your talents more than your title or company. It should be easy for you to talk about what you do well and what you need.
- Come prepared with a list of topics you really want to mention and to whom you want to speak. The purpose of these topics could demonstrate youâ€™re an expert, teach others to trust you, and/or lead you to resources and opportunities.
- Listen so youâ€™ll learn what your contacts need. Apply the old rule: you have two ears and one mouth, so use proportionately.
- Display an upbeat attitude when entering a networking event.