Â Westlake is the smallest of the six communities with an estimated Jan. 2006 populationÂ of 700.Â
- This growth equates to a 314 percent increase from the 2000 Census.
- The daytime population swells to 12,500 due to major corporate firms located in Westlake.
- The three largest employers are Fidelity Investments (planning a major expansion of up to 1500 employees), Daimler Chrysler andÂ First American.Â
For the seven year period 2000-2006, the Town of Westlake permitted just over 200 new homes with an average permit value of $973,983.
- The three most active home builders for that period were W B Texas Resorts, Dale Clark Associates and Simmons Estate Homes.
Westlake, incorporated in 1956 and encompassing 7 square miles, is a master planned community.
- Residents do not pay property taxes.
- City government is funded by sales tax revenue, franchise fees and development fees.Â Â