Focusing on Colleyville, Grapevine, Keller, Southlake, Trophy Club and Westlake (Source: NCTCOG, 2000 U.S. Census and City of Southlake)
Spotlight on Southlake
Southlake is the third largest of the six communities with a 2006 Population of 25,350, or 18.5 percent of this market.
According to the 2000 Census:
- Residents are young, with only 4.2 percent aged 62 or older as of 2000.
- Residents aged 25 years and older are well educated as 59.2 percent hold a bachelors degree or higher.
- Families dominate as 94.1 percent of all households are family households.
- As of 2000, 86.8 percent of all housing units had been built since 1980.
- Over 91 percent (91.7 %) of residents speak English only at home.
The four largest employers within Southlake: Sabre Holdings, Tri-Dal Ltd., Verizon Wireless and City of Southlake. (Carroll ISDâ€™s main office is located in Grapevine and thus is not included.)
Between 2001 and 2006, the total appraised value of real estate in Southlake grew at an average annual rate of 7.8 percent. (Source: TAD)