Focusing on Colleyville, Grapevine, Keller, Southlake, Trophy Club and Westlake (Sources: NCTCOG, 2000 U.S. Census, City of Keller and Keller Chamber of Commerce)
Spotlight on Keller
Keller is the second largest of the six communities with a 2006 Population of 36,350 or 26.5 percent of this market.
According to the 2000 Census:
- Residents are young, with only 5.5 percent aged 62 or older.
- Residents are well-educated with 44.6 percent of all residents aged 25 or older holding a bachelors degree or higher.
- Families dominate as 89.1 percent of all households are family households.
- As of 2000, 79.2 percent of all housing units had been built since 1980.
- Over ninety-three (93.1) percent speak English only at home.
The five largest employers within Keller: Keller ISD, Corning Cable Systems, City of Keller, Southstar Logistics/Grocery Distribution, and Kroger.
Did you know? Keller is the first community in the nation to have FiOS, which provides fiber-optic lines to all households and businesses through Verizon with FiOS. (Source: Keller Chamber)