Focusing on Colleyville, Grapevine, Keller, Southlake, Trophy Club and Westlake (Sources: NCTCOG, 2000 U.S. Census and City of Grapevine)
Spotlight on Grapevine
Grapevine is the largest of the six communities with a 2006 Population of 45,600, or 33 percent of this market.
According to the 2000 Census:
- Residents are fairly young, with only 6.2 percent aged 62 or older as of 2000.
- Residents are well-educated with 43.2 percent of all residents aged 25 plus holding a bachelors degree or higher.
- Families dominate as 72.4 percent of all households are family households.
- As of 2000, 73.3 percent of all housing units had been built since 1980
- Eighty-five and half (85.5) percent speak English only at home.
Five largest employers within Grapevine: DFW International Airport, Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, G/CISD, UPS and Baylor Medical Center.
In 2004, 272 new small businesses began operating in Grapevine.